Most Active Stories
- Chocolate, Chocolate, It's Good For Your Heart, Study Finds
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- “No Remorse”: Prison Letters of Klansman Convicted in ’63 Birmingham Church Bombing
Underwriting & Business Support
Why Become an Underwriter?
It's smart marketing! Public radio listeners have higher incomes, are better educated and are far more likely to be heads of households - the very people most business want to reach! And APR listeners really listen. They know who the underwriters are and support them.
Underwriting on Alabama Public Radio places your business or organization in a unique position by separating your name from the clutter inherent in commercial advertising. Furthermore, APR allows you the freedom to select the program that will most effectively target the segment of the market you wish to reach. When asked to name companies that support NPR, 51% of listeners recall at least one.
Alabama Public Radio's coverage area includes two thirds of the state of Alabama including Tuscaloosa, Montgomery, Selma, Florence, Huntsville, western portions of the Birmingham area, Mobile and the Gulf Region.
Please see our coverage map for more details.
Underwriting Facts You Need to Know:
- 64% have a college degree or beyond 75% have household incomes of $50,000
- The median household income is $92,971
- 56% are age 25-54
- 88% of listeners say their opinion of a company is more positive when they find out the company supports public radio.
- 75% state that when price and quality are equal, they prefer to buy from companies that support public radio.
- 76% are more likely to be the president of a company, and more than twice as likely to work in top management
For more information on becoming an underwriter, please contact Barbara Charnetski, Underwriting Account Executive at (251) 288-3314 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.