Most Active Stories
Please send your tips, comments, story ideas, or press releases to our newsroom at email@example.com.
Please submit all events to us at least 2 weeks in advance through our EVENTS SUBMISSION page. Once your event has been submitted & approved it will appear on our online calendar.
Due to the high volume of events, APR cannot guarantee on-air time to any event and is unable to notify you if or when your announcement will be broadcast. Selection of on-air announcements is at the discretion of APR staff, who strive to include a diverse group of non-profit sources and selections. Priorities for selection include: community issues, multicultural events, arts-related events, educational events, and environmentally-related events.
Events must be of general interest to APR's audience. On-air announcements are read from information provided for the website calendar and focus on basic facts: who, what, when, and where. No lengthy descriptions are given.
APR reserves the right to edit announcements prior to posting on the website or broadcasting on air. We reserve the right to reject any submission that, in our opinion, does not meet APR guidelines (whether or not specifically identified above), is not in good taste, is not appropriate to be broadcast to our audience, or would be offensive to APR, its staff, supporters, or licensee.
Announcements cannot contain any qualifying or comparative language, nor can they express any ideological, theological, or political opinions. There are several items we are unable to air, including:
- Informational announcements (e.g. National XYZ week or Month)
- Calls for donations
- Any event that is not open to the public
- Your group's weekly or monthly meeting, except when a speaker of unusual local, regional, or national prominence will be appearing
- Any solicitation for auditions or camps Requests for volunteers High school, college, or church reunions
- Events at your church, synagogue or mosque, except for significant concerts or lectures non-liturgical in nature
- Events outside WUAL's coverage area
- Any event sponsored by another radio station
- Any pre-recorded PSA material
MUSIC PROMOTIONS & GENERAL COMMENTS:
Questions about music submissions should be directed to our music director, David Duff. Please be advised that we air primarily classical music, along with some acoustic, bluegrass, big band and "crooners" music. Submissions of music that falls into other formats is discouraged.
You may also contact David using our contact form located on our CONTACT US PAGE.