Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Around the Nation
Fri October 11, 2013
Your Chance To Lash Out At Congress
Originally published on Fri October 11, 2013 10:02 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with a chance to say what you think. Amid the federal shutdown, a website called DrunkDialCongress.org offers an outlet for frustration. You enter your phone number and get a call with a message.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN: When I drink I like to tell people what's on my mind. So in a minute, we're going to forward you to a member of the House of Representatives.
INSKEEP: You're connected to the office of a randomly chosen member of Congress, though you must supply alcohol yourself.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.