Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Around the Nation
Fri October 11, 2013
Your Chance To Lash Out At Congress
Originally published on Fri October 11, 2013 10:02 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with a chance to say what you think. Amid the federal shutdown, a website called DrunkDialCongress.org offers an outlet for frustration. You enter your phone number and get a call with a message.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN: When I drink I like to tell people what's on my mind. So in a minute, we're going to forward you to a member of the House of Representatives.
INSKEEP: You're connected to the office of a randomly chosen member of Congress, though you must supply alcohol yourself.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.