Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Mon October 7, 2013
Worley Becomes First Woman To Lead Ala. Democrats
Former Secretary of State Nancy Worley has been elected as the first female leader of the Alabama Democratic Party.
The State Democratic Executive Committee elected her as the party chair this weekend.
Worley spent the last five months as the interim chair after former Alabama Supreme Court Justice Mark Kennedy resigned to start a new political group.
Worley has been focused on finances. She says the party is now current on bills and is no longer in danger of being evicted from its Montgomery headquarters.
Now, she will work on candidate recruitment and getting ready for the 2014 elections.
Worley says her commitment is to serve through the end of Kennedy's term in August 2014. She's taking a wait-and-see attitude beyond that.
Politics & Government