Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Tue August 27, 2013
Why Aren't Wages Outstripping Inflation?
Things appear to be looing good on the economic front: The stock market is up over the past year, profits have been rising and the U.S. economy has been growing for four years. Yet, wages for many American workers have been stagnant. To find out why, Renee Montagne talks to David Wessel, economics editor of The Wall Street Journal.