Most Active Stories
Mon July 30, 2012
Where am I?
Maybe you're in your desk chair. You're in your office. You're in Mobile, or Florence, or Tuscaloosa, Montgomery.
You're on planet Earth. But where are you, really?
Radiolab is going to try to find out. If you haven't heard Radiolab, now is good time to try it out. Friday nights at 7pm here on Alabama Public Radio. Radiolab explores themes and ideas through a patchwork of people, sounds, and stories. In each episode, Radiolab experiments with sound and style allowing science to fuse with culture, and information to sound like music.
Hosted by Jad Abumrad with co-host Robert Krulwich, Radiolab is designed for listeners who demand skepticism but appreciate wonder; who are curious about the world, but also want to be moved and surprised. Radiolab won a Peabody Award in 2011.
And it's fun! Here is a quick look at some of this season's episodes:
- Parasites - Explore natures moochers, could they be good for you?
- Limits - A journey to the edge of human limits.
- Falling - In love, asleep, flat on your face....
- Help - Ways to gain the upper hand over the forces inside us .
- Diagnosis - Humans attempt to find out what's wrong and solve the problem.
- War of the Worlds - The ability of mass media to cause panic.
- Famous Tumors - The good, the bad, and the ugly side of tumors.
- Memories - How memories are made and forgotten .
- Pop Music - How do songwriters create the songs?
- Numbers - A study of the nature of numbers.
And that is just a sample... as you can see it's a wide variety of subjects and they are presented in a fun, informative way. Check it out, you won't be sorry.
Friday nights at 7pm on Alabama Public Radio.