Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Arts & Life
Thu September 20, 2012
'Wendy Fest' Set in Mobile for Kids of Slain Mom
Friends of a Mobile woman who was killed outside her home earlier this year are holding a benefit to help the children of the slain woman.
An event called "Wendy Fest" is planned for Thursday night in the port city to help the two children of Wendy Fisher, a widowed single mother who was shot to death in July.
A block-style party with food, auctions and music will be held at the Haberdasher, where Fisher was working at the time of her death. It's on Dauphin Street, a popular entertainment district in Mobile.
Fisher was shot on July 7 in front home after a confrontation with a passenger of a car she had told to slow down in the neighborhood.
Two men are charged with murder in the shooting.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.