Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Thu May 30, 2013
VIDEO: Miranda Lambert's Tears At 'Healing In The Heartland'
Originally published on Thu May 30, 2013 11:55 am
There were several emotional moments during Wednesday's nationally broadcast "Healing in the Heartland" benefit concert to raise money for victims of the May 20 tornado that devastated Moore, Okla., and nearby communities.
Singing star Miranda Lambert's tears, though, are worth some special attention. NBC News has video showing how she struggled to get through her hit "The House That Built Me." As EW.com PopWatch blogger Annie Barrett wrote early Thursday, after seeing Lambert's performance: "Well, I'm spent."
The United Way of Oklahoma is collecting contributions:
Call 1-800-890-4999 (primary)
Text "REBUILD" to 52000
Visit UnitedWay.org/REBUILD to make an online contribution
President Obama and other federal officials have also suggested sending donations to the American Red Cross.