Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Sat July 21, 2012
VIDEO-- APR news team wins national award
The Alabama Public Radio news team collected a national Sigma Delta Chi award at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. for best breaking news coverage of the Tuscaloosa tornado. News Director Pat Duggins was joined at the podium by reporters Ryan Vasquez, Maggie Martin and Stan Ingold for the presentation of the bronze medallion. APR’s entry for the Society of Professional Journalists included Maggie’s Morning Edition newscast the day after the disaster, Stan’s story on how the crime rate in Tuscaloosa spiked after the storm, Ryan’s story on the impact in the Alberta neighborhood, and Pat’s “sound portrait” of the candlelight vigil to remember those lost in the storm.