Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Tue May 6, 2014
Verizon Expansion To Create 400 Jobs In Ala.
Verizon Wireless is adding 400 jobs in Alabama, mostly in the Huntsville area.
Company officials joined the governor in Montgomery on Tuesday to announce that more than 300 customer service positions will be created in Verizon's state headquarters in Huntsville.
The other positions will be in retail, mostly in north Alabama and in Birmingham and Dothan.
The jobs will bring the company's total employment in the state to about 2,000 people.
Verizon Wireless official Michelle Robinson says accessibility to a well-trained workforce was an important factor in the expansion.
The state is not providing any financial incentives to get the new jobs.