Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Tue May 6, 2014
Verizon Expansion To Create 400 Jobs In Ala.
Verizon Wireless is adding 400 jobs in Alabama, mostly in the Huntsville area.
Company officials joined the governor in Montgomery on Tuesday to announce that more than 300 customer service positions will be created in Verizon's state headquarters in Huntsville.
The other positions will be in retail, mostly in north Alabama and in Birmingham and Dothan.
The jobs will bring the company's total employment in the state to about 2,000 people.
Verizon Wireless official Michelle Robinson says accessibility to a well-trained workforce was an important factor in the expansion.
The state is not providing any financial incentives to get the new jobs.