Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Tue May 6, 2014
Verizon Expansion To Create 400 Jobs In Ala.
Verizon Wireless is adding 400 jobs in Alabama, mostly in the Huntsville area.
Company officials joined the governor in Montgomery on Tuesday to announce that more than 300 customer service positions will be created in Verizon's state headquarters in Huntsville.
The other positions will be in retail, mostly in north Alabama and in Birmingham and Dothan.
The jobs will bring the company's total employment in the state to about 2,000 people.
Verizon Wireless official Michelle Robinson says accessibility to a well-trained workforce was an important factor in the expansion.
The state is not providing any financial incentives to get the new jobs.