Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Sun September 8, 2013
UA President Speaks Out On Voter Fraud Allegations
The president of the University of Alabama says the school can't investigate voter fraud allegations until local and state agencies have done so.
University president Judy Bonner wrote a letter to students and faculty in response to allegations that some of the school's fraternities and sororities encouraged members to vote for municipal elections candidates by offering free drinks and other incentives.
Board of Education District 4 incumbent Kelly Horwitz has filed a suit contesting the election. Horwitz says some who cast ballots in her district were ineligible to vote there.
Horwitz lost the race to Cason Kirby, a recent University of Alabama law school graduate, by less than 90 votes.
Politics & Government