Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Business & Education
Mon August 26, 2013
UA Journalism Professor to be Interim Dean
A University of Alabama journalism professor has been named interim dean of the university's communications program.
The Tuscaloosa News reports (http://bit.ly/1fdCHHR ) Jennifer Greer will take the helm of the College of Communication and Information Sciences on Sept. 1. Greer chairs the school's journalism department.
Greer will replace outgoing Dean Loy Singleton who's set to retire on Oct. 31. She will work with Singleton until his retirement and then will run the college until a permanent replacement is found.
As interim dean, Greer will not be eligible to apply for the position permanently. Greer's profile on the university's website says she has led the journalism department since 2007.
Singleton, who has been dean since July 2006, announced his retirement plans in June.
Information from: The Tuscaloosa News, http://www.tuscaloosanews.com