Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Tue October 12, 2004
UA and AU JoinTogether to Ask for Funding
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – In-state rivals, the University of Alabama and Auburn University, may end up on the same side when it comes to lobbying. Auburn interim President Ed Richardson says both schools will be asking state lawmakers to provide more funding. He and UA system Chancellor Malcolm Portera are discussing ways to work together to increase that funding, especially for research programs. Portera's spokesperson says the chancellor believes that research drives the state's economy.