Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri February 27, 2004
Tyson Asks for New Decision
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Tyson Foods has asked a federal judge to throw out a jury's nearly one-point-three billion-dollar verdict against the company. A jury found the company illegally manipulated cattle prices. Tyson is the nation's largest beef packer and announced the motion yesterday. Company officials say the evidence presented in the case shows it did NOT manipulate prices. The company asks the judge to enter a substitute decision or order a new trial. A jury sided with a group of cattlemen in ruling last week that Tyson used contracts with select ranchers to drive cattle prices down for other producers.