Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Science & Health
Wed October 17, 2012
TVA: Too Soon to Know When Wind Farm Might Be OKd
A Tennessee Valley Authority spokesman says it's too early to know when a proposed wind turbine farm atop Lookout Mountain could get the final go-ahead from TVA officials.
The Post reports (http://bit.ly/RBVL7u) that Texas-based Pioneer Green Energy hopes to build 8 to 10 of the turbines near Leesburg within the next 14 to 18 months.
TVA Renewable Energy Projects Manager Ed Stevens says that officials with the agency are reviewing data about the project.
Pioneer Green Vice President David Savage said his company hopes to have the wind turbine farm up and running as soon as December 2013.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.