Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Politics & Government
Mon September 23, 2013
TVA Seeks Volunteers for Public Lands Day Events
The Tennessee Valley Authority is seeking volunteers to participate in National Public Lands Day on Saturday.
TVA says it is sponsoring volunteer activities around the Tennessee Valley, including a guided bird walk on the Muscle Shoals Reservation and clean-up and sign installation on Guntersville Reservoir, both in Alabama.
Tennessee-based activities include installation of two trailhead kiosks at the East Lakeshore trail on Tellico Reservoir, removal of invasive vegetation on Watts Bar Reservation, installation of bluebird boxes near Boone Reservoir, and debris removal around Fort Patrick Henry Reservoir.
National Public Lands Day is the nation's largest single-day volunteer event for public lands.
Interested volunteers should visit www.tva.com or contact the TVA Environmental Information Center at 800-882-5263.