Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Politics & Government
Mon September 23, 2013
TVA Seeks Volunteers for Public Lands Day Events
The Tennessee Valley Authority is seeking volunteers to participate in National Public Lands Day on Saturday.
TVA says it is sponsoring volunteer activities around the Tennessee Valley, including a guided bird walk on the Muscle Shoals Reservation and clean-up and sign installation on Guntersville Reservoir, both in Alabama.
Tennessee-based activities include installation of two trailhead kiosks at the East Lakeshore trail on Tellico Reservoir, removal of invasive vegetation on Watts Bar Reservation, installation of bluebird boxes near Boone Reservoir, and debris removal around Fort Patrick Henry Reservoir.
National Public Lands Day is the nation's largest single-day volunteer event for public lands.
Interested volunteers should visit www.tva.com or contact the TVA Environmental Information Center at 800-882-5263.