Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Politics & Government
Mon September 10, 2012
TVA Closing Wilson Dam Road for Maintenance
Motorists in northwest Alabama might have to find a new way to get around Florence for a few days.
The Tennessee Valley Authority says it's closing the Alabama 133 bridge across Wilson Dam for maintenance work starting Monday morning.
The bridge will be closed until Friday afternoon, or whenever the work is completed.
TVA says closing the bridge allows for a crane to be set up for work on the spillway gate at Wilson Dam.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.