Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Politics & Government
Mon September 10, 2012
TVA Closing Wilson Dam Road for Maintenance
Motorists in northwest Alabama might have to find a new way to get around Florence for a few days.
The Tennessee Valley Authority says it's closing the Alabama 133 bridge across Wilson Dam for maintenance work starting Monday morning.
The bridge will be closed until Friday afternoon, or whenever the work is completed.
TVA says closing the bridge allows for a crane to be set up for work on the spillway gate at Wilson Dam.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.