Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Mon September 10, 2012
TVA Closing Wilson Dam Road for Maintenance
Motorists in northwest Alabama might have to find a new way to get around Florence for a few days.
The Tennessee Valley Authority says it's closing the Alabama 133 bridge across Wilson Dam for maintenance work starting Monday morning.
The bridge will be closed until Friday afternoon, or whenever the work is completed.
TVA says closing the bridge allows for a crane to be set up for work on the spillway gate at Wilson Dam.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.