Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Politics & Government
Mon September 10, 2012
TVA Closing Wilson Dam Road for Maintenance
Motorists in northwest Alabama might have to find a new way to get around Florence for a few days.
The Tennessee Valley Authority says it's closing the Alabama 133 bridge across Wilson Dam for maintenance work starting Monday morning.
The bridge will be closed until Friday afternoon, or whenever the work is completed.
TVA says closing the bridge allows for a crane to be set up for work on the spillway gate at Wilson Dam.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.