Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Politics & Government
Mon September 10, 2012
TVA Closing Wilson Dam Road for Maintenance
Motorists in northwest Alabama might have to find a new way to get around Florence for a few days.
The Tennessee Valley Authority says it's closing the Alabama 133 bridge across Wilson Dam for maintenance work starting Monday morning.
The bridge will be closed until Friday afternoon, or whenever the work is completed.
TVA says closing the bridge allows for a crane to be set up for work on the spillway gate at Wilson Dam.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.