Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Arts & Life
Sat April 26, 2014
Tuscaloosa Tornado: A look back "The economic bump"
In this story from the APR archives, Pat Duggins looked at the possible economic bump from the rebuilding effort following the tornadoes that struck Alabama on April 27, 2011.
Sunday marked three years since devestating tornadoes struck Alabama, including Tuscaloosa. The Alabama Public Radio news room is collaborating with journalism students at the University of Alabama who created a website as a class project. It contains news accounts and eyewitness accounts of the storm. APR contributed archival material of the newsroom's coverage.