Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Arts & Life
Sat April 26, 2014
Tuscaloosa Tornado: A look back "The economic bump"
In this story from the APR archives, Pat Duggins looked at the possible economic bump from the rebuilding effort following the tornadoes that struck Alabama on April 27, 2011.
Sunday marked three years since devestating tornadoes struck Alabama, including Tuscaloosa. The Alabama Public Radio news room is collaborating with journalism students at the University of Alabama who created a website as a class project. It contains news accounts and eyewitness accounts of the storm. APR contributed archival material of the newsroom's coverage.