Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Fri December 12, 2003
Tuition Refunds Extended for Reservists
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The state Board of Education says it will extend a tuition refund and waiver program for members of Alabama's National Guard.
The tuition program, called Operation Family Shield, is available at Alabama's public two-year community and technical colleges and at Athens State University. The extension means the state School Board will continue to provide refunds to reservist who paid tuition prior to being activated for duty. The extension will last through the 2004 summer term for all spouses and dependents of activated Guard members.
The program also offers scholarships and counseling services to families affected by military service.