Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Fri December 12, 2003
Tuition Refunds Extended for Reservists
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The state Board of Education says it will extend a tuition refund and waiver program for members of Alabama's National Guard.
The tuition program, called Operation Family Shield, is available at Alabama's public two-year community and technical colleges and at Athens State University. The extension means the state School Board will continue to provide refunds to reservist who paid tuition prior to being activated for duty. The extension will last through the 2004 summer term for all spouses and dependents of activated Guard members.
The program also offers scholarships and counseling services to families affected by military service.