Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Sat August 25, 2012
T.S. Isaac brushes Haiti, Dominican Republic--Florida next?
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) — The center of Tropical Storm Isaac has cleared Haiti but heavy rain is falling in the capital and elsewhere from the outer bands of the system. Rocks, mud and other debris litter the streets of Port-au-Prince this morning and the city is on high alert for potential flooding. But the worst of the storm has hit far from the capital. The center of Isaac passed over the southern peninsula near the small city of Les Cayes and headed toward southern Cuba. There were no immediate reports Saturday of any deaths or major damage in Haiti. But communications are spotty in the country under normal circumstances and it wasn't yet possible to get a full picture of the situation in remote communities.