Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Business & Education
Tue June 10, 2014
Trustees Approve Tuition Increase at UNA
Officials at the University of North Alabama have approved a tuition increase for the coming school year.
The TimesDaily of Florence reports the board of trustees approved of increasing tuition by $11 per credit hour during a meeting Monday.
University President William Cale had proposed a $13 per credit hour increase to account for a 3 percent cost of living raise for faculty and staff.
Trustee Marty Abroms pushed the board and administrators to find ways to cut costs that allow for a cost of living raise without placing a financial burden on students and their families.
North Alabama President-Retirement