Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Business & Education
Tue June 10, 2014
Trustees Approve Tuition Increase at UNA
Officials at the University of North Alabama have approved a tuition increase for the coming school year.
The TimesDaily of Florence reports the board of trustees approved of increasing tuition by $11 per credit hour during a meeting Monday.
University President William Cale had proposed a $13 per credit hour increase to account for a 3 percent cost of living raise for faculty and staff.
Trustee Marty Abroms pushed the board and administrators to find ways to cut costs that allow for a cost of living raise without placing a financial burden on students and their families.
North Alabama President-Retirement