Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Business & Education
Tue June 10, 2014
Trustees Approve Tuition Increase at UNA
Officials at the University of North Alabama have approved a tuition increase for the coming school year.
The TimesDaily of Florence reports the board of trustees approved of increasing tuition by $11 per credit hour during a meeting Monday.
University President William Cale had proposed a $13 per credit hour increase to account for a 3 percent cost of living raise for faculty and staff.
Trustee Marty Abroms pushed the board and administrators to find ways to cut costs that allow for a cost of living raise without placing a financial burden on students and their families.
North Alabama President-Retirement