Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Business & Education
Tue June 10, 2014
Trustees Approve Tuition Increase at UNA
Officials at the University of North Alabama have approved a tuition increase for the coming school year.
The TimesDaily of Florence reports the board of trustees approved of increasing tuition by $11 per credit hour during a meeting Monday.
University President William Cale had proposed a $13 per credit hour increase to account for a 3 percent cost of living raise for faculty and staff.
Trustee Marty Abroms pushed the board and administrators to find ways to cut costs that allow for a cost of living raise without placing a financial burden on students and their families.
North Alabama President-Retirement