Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Business & Education
Tue June 10, 2014
Trustees Approve Tuition Increase at UNA
Officials at the University of North Alabama have approved a tuition increase for the coming school year.
The TimesDaily of Florence reports the board of trustees approved of increasing tuition by $11 per credit hour during a meeting Monday.
University President William Cale had proposed a $13 per credit hour increase to account for a 3 percent cost of living raise for faculty and staff.
Trustee Marty Abroms pushed the board and administrators to find ways to cut costs that allow for a cost of living raise without placing a financial burden on students and their families.
North Alabama President-Retirement