Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
2011 Storm Reports
Thu June 9, 2011
Tornado Economic Windfall
By Pat Duggins
Tuscaloosa, Alabama – Alabama Public Radio news director Pat Duggins reports on the economic "benefit" from the April tornadoes, and how some industries may be helped more than others. Alabama has an estimated four billion dollars worth of insured damage, and that could mean a lot of cash flowing into the State. Pat examines how natural disasters can help boost business in construction, but maybe not agriculture, including Alabama's poultry industry.