Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Arts & Life
Fri March 28, 2014
Three under arrest for stealing Auburn football memorabilia
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Auburn police say thousands of dollars in football memorabilia and equipment, including Bo Jackson and Cam Newton jerseys and helmets, were stolen from the Auburn University football team locker room. Police told the Opelika-Auburn News (http://tinyurl.com/p8d4262 ) Friday that they believe they have recovered all of the stolen items. Police have arrested three men. A university spokesman says all three are enrolled as students at the university. The burglary occurred sometime between late in the evening on March 21 and the afternoon of March 22. Police estimated that the 20 items taken during the heist were collectively valued at $16,826. The items ranged from a pair of socks to a 2010 championship game football valued at $2,500.