Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Arts & Life
Fri March 28, 2014
Three under arrest for stealing Auburn football memorabilia
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Auburn police say thousands of dollars in football memorabilia and equipment, including Bo Jackson and Cam Newton jerseys and helmets, were stolen from the Auburn University football team locker room. Police told the Opelika-Auburn News (http://tinyurl.com/p8d4262 ) Friday that they believe they have recovered all of the stolen items. Police have arrested three men. A university spokesman says all three are enrolled as students at the university. The burglary occurred sometime between late in the evening on March 21 and the afternoon of March 22. Police estimated that the 20 items taken during the heist were collectively valued at $16,826. The items ranged from a pair of socks to a 2010 championship game football valued at $2,500.