Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Fri February 14, 2014
Tesla Stock Hits Record High
Originally published on Fri February 14, 2014 6:18 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with an electric high.
No. No. No. People have not come up with an e-Joint. Shares of Tesla Motors crossed the $200 barrier yesterday before falling back down to around $197. That was a record high for the upstart electric car maker. In the last month, Tesla stock has soared more than 43 percent.
The luxury automaker share price quadrupled in 2013. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.