Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Fri February 14, 2014
Tesla Stock Hits Record High
Originally published on Fri February 14, 2014 6:18 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with an electric high.
No. No. No. People have not come up with an e-Joint. Shares of Tesla Motors crossed the $200 barrier yesterday before falling back down to around $197. That was a record high for the upstart electric car maker. In the last month, Tesla stock has soared more than 43 percent.
The luxury automaker share price quadrupled in 2013. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.