Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Auburn Trees Poisoned
Wed January 9, 2013
Tentative Trial Date Set In Auburn Tree Poisoning
A tentative trial date has been set for Harvey Updyke Jr., the man accused of poisoning the Toomer's Oaks at Auburn University with a powerful herbicide during Auburn's national championship run in the 2010 football season.
Updyke is scheduled to appear in court April 8. A hearing will also be held Feb. 13 to discuss pending motions — which include a request by the Lee County District Attorney's Office to revoke Updyke's bond.
Prosecutors are also requesting that Updyke be asked to pay a higher surety bond after being arrested in Hammond, La., where he was accused of threatening an employee at a home improvement store.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Arts & Life
Arts & Life