Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Auburn Trees Poisoned
Wed January 9, 2013
Tentative Trial Date Set In Auburn Tree Poisoning
A tentative trial date has been set for Harvey Updyke Jr., the man accused of poisoning the Toomer's Oaks at Auburn University with a powerful herbicide during Auburn's national championship run in the 2010 football season.
Updyke is scheduled to appear in court April 8. A hearing will also be held Feb. 13 to discuss pending motions — which include a request by the Lee County District Attorney's Office to revoke Updyke's bond.
Prosecutors are also requesting that Updyke be asked to pay a higher surety bond after being arrested in Hammond, La., where he was accused of threatening an employee at a home improvement store.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Arts & Life
Arts & Life