Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri February 20, 2004
Talladega Judicial Nominee Targeted
By Alabama Public Radio
Talladega, AL – One of Governor Bob Riley's nominees for a Talladega County judgeship is being targeted for removal. Jake Montgomery Junior is among three people nominated to replace retired Judge Jerry Fielding. But a citizens group led by former Talladega Mayor Larry Barton wants Montgomery's name removed from consideration. The group is concerned about Montgomery's role as legal counsel for the Talladega Water and Sewer Board. The board is under federal investigation and is facing legal action for allowing at least some of the city to use water from a contaminated well. The other nominees are Talladega attorneys, William "Bo" Hollingsworth the third and Barry Matson.