Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu August 9, 2012
SWEET Land of Liberty
NPR is taking a cross-country tour of candies from around the U.S., sampling hometown sweets that deliver a nostalgic sugar rush.
America loves its candy! The tops three selling candies in the USA are Hershey bars, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and M&M’s. But Americans also rally around regional favorites.
Someone from Minnesota probably loves the Nut Goodie. A Texan probably can’t do without his Chewie Pecan Praline. Wisconsin folks favor a Melty Bar. Around here we enjoy a GooGoo Cluster. Learn more about this sweet NPR series here.
Which Americandy Are You? Take NPR’s quiz and find out.