Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Thu August 9, 2012
SWEET Land of Liberty
NPR is taking a cross-country tour of candies from around the U.S., sampling hometown sweets that deliver a nostalgic sugar rush.
America loves its candy! The tops three selling candies in the USA are Hershey bars, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and M&M’s. But Americans also rally around regional favorites.
Someone from Minnesota probably loves the Nut Goodie. A Texan probably can’t do without his Chewie Pecan Praline. Wisconsin folks favor a Melty Bar. Around here we enjoy a GooGoo Cluster. Learn more about this sweet NPR series here.
Which Americandy Are You? Take NPR’s quiz and find out.