Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Thu August 9, 2012
SWEET Land of Liberty
NPR is taking a cross-country tour of candies from around the U.S., sampling hometown sweets that deliver a nostalgic sugar rush.
America loves its candy! The tops three selling candies in the USA are Hershey bars, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and M&M’s. But Americans also rally around regional favorites.
Someone from Minnesota probably loves the Nut Goodie. A Texan probably can’t do without his Chewie Pecan Praline. Wisconsin folks favor a Melty Bar. Around here we enjoy a GooGoo Cluster. Learn more about this sweet NPR series here.
Which Americandy Are You? Take NPR’s quiz and find out.