Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Mon September 15, 2003
Supporters to take model of monument on tour
By Associated Press
Montgomery, AL – A lightweight model of Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore's Ten Commandments monument will go on tour. It will be the centerpiece of a "Save the Commandments Caravan" that will go from Montgomery to the steps of the U-S Supreme Court in Washington, D-C. It will leave Montgomery on September 28th.
Huntsville sculptor Richard Hahnemann and Decatur monument maker Pierre Tourney of Clark Memorials are restoring the full-size model. The granite monument was removed under court order from the rotunda of the Alabama Supreme Court building. Hahnemann said the model is made from foamboard, wood and tin.