Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Mon September 15, 2003
Supporters to take model of monument on tour
By Associated Press
Montgomery, AL – A lightweight model of Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore's Ten Commandments monument will go on tour. It will be the centerpiece of a "Save the Commandments Caravan" that will go from Montgomery to the steps of the U-S Supreme Court in Washington, D-C. It will leave Montgomery on September 28th.
Huntsville sculptor Richard Hahnemann and Decatur monument maker Pierre Tourney of Clark Memorials are restoring the full-size model. The granite monument was removed under court order from the rotunda of the Alabama Supreme Court building. Hahnemann said the model is made from foamboard, wood and tin.