Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Fri November 19, 2004
Students Must Get Permission for Cough Drops
By Alabama Public Radio
Dothan, AL – The Dothan city school board has decided students must have written permission from a doctor before they can consume cough drops at school. The system passed a policy this week that requires the doctors' notes, and students are NOT allowed to take the cough drops themselves even with a note. Violators can be suspended or sent to alternative school. Dothan city school officials say the changes fall under a new medication policy required by the state.