Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri November 19, 2004
Students Must Get Permission for Cough Drops
By Alabama Public Radio
Dothan, AL – The Dothan city school board has decided students must have written permission from a doctor before they can consume cough drops at school. The system passed a policy this week that requires the doctors' notes, and students are NOT allowed to take the cough drops themselves even with a note. Violators can be suspended or sent to alternative school. Dothan city school officials say the changes fall under a new medication policy required by the state.