Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Mon April 8, 2013
Strong Weather System Could Spawn Severe Storms
Forecasters say severe storms will be possible in coming days over Alabama, bringing the threat of damaging straight-line winds and isolated tornadoes.
The National Weather Service in Birmingham says powerful storms will be possible during the overnight hours of Wednesday night and into Thursday.
Forecasters say a strong low pressure system will approach the region from the west on Wednesday, touching off the storms Wednesday night and Thursday.
Along with the potential for some hail and isolated tornadoes, forecasters say localized flash flooding is also possible.