Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Mon April 8, 2013
Strong Weather System Could Spawn Severe Storms
Forecasters say severe storms will be possible in coming days over Alabama, bringing the threat of damaging straight-line winds and isolated tornadoes.
The National Weather Service in Birmingham says powerful storms will be possible during the overnight hours of Wednesday night and into Thursday.
Forecasters say a strong low pressure system will approach the region from the west on Wednesday, touching off the storms Wednesday night and Thursday.
Along with the potential for some hail and isolated tornadoes, forecasters say localized flash flooding is also possible.