Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Tue June 10, 2014
Storm, Flood Warnings Issued Throughout Alabama
The National Weather Service is warning of severe thunderstorms and flash floods in in several areas of Alabama.
Forecasters said Tuesday that a storm capable of producing winds of up to 60 mph was spotted 14 miles north of Evergreen and is expected to move northeast at about 35 mph. The severe thunderstorm watch spans several areas of northeast, central and south Alabama.
Forecasters say the storm is expected to cause rain in areas where the soil is already saturated from a previous round of bad weather.
Officials say the storm is expected to cause between 2 and 3 inches of rainfall into Tuesday evening, which could raise the potential of flash flooding in several areas of northwestern Alabama.