Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri August 13, 2004
State Representative Died Thursday
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – State Representative Jeff Dolbare died Thursday after an extended illness. He was 57 years old. Dolbare was a Democrat who represented House District 65 since 1990. His district includes Choctaw, Clarke and Washington counties. He was a native of Bigbee and received bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of South Alabama. He also was a retired elementary school principal and used that background on the House Education Committee. Visitation will be from six to nine P-M Sunday at the Chatom Community Center. The funeral will be at two P-M Monday at the local Community Center.