Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- BP and Gulf Coast Tourism, Alabama Choirs Headed to Japan
Tue July 29, 2014
Some Local Animal Shelters Facing Problems
Some of Alabama's animal shelters are struggling because of funding problems.
The Montgomery Humane Society says it has run of out of dry food to give about 140 dogs housed there.
It's asking for donations to help feed the animals and says it will continue accepting animals.
The situation is also dire near the Florida line in Escambia County, where the animal shelter says it doesn't have enough money to operate and won't accept animals anymore.
Officials in Escambia County say they plan to switch their emphasis to humane education and spay/neuter programs to continue helping animals in the south Alabama county.
Arts & Life