Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri July 9, 2004
Soldiers From 1165th Coming Home
By Alabama Public Radio
Fairhope, AL – More than 100 soldiers from the Fairhope-based 1165th Military Police Company are coming home from Iraq Sunday night. The unit has spent 14 months in Iraq. It's the only Alabama Guard unit to have an extended tour--beyond a one-year assignment. Brenda Govan is the chairwoman of the 1165th Family Support Group. She says family members of almost all the soldiers plan to form a convoy and drive to Fort Benning, Georgia, Sunday morning, to welcome the unit home. Hometown ceremonies are planned for later dates.