Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue August 24, 2004
Siegelman Trial Date Set
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – Federal Judge U-W Clemon has set an October fourth trial date for former Governor Don Siegelman and two others. It will be held in Tuscaloosa. Siegelman had to re-configure his legal team because Judge Clemon removed two of his original attorneys from the case. One member of his defense team says there's much work to do in a short time, but he says the team has no plans to ask for a delay in the case. Siegelman, former Chief of Staff Paul Hamrick and Doctor Phillip Bobo are accused of conspiring to rig bids on a state Medicaid contract.