Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Thu February 13, 2014
Severe Weather Sales Tax Holiday Upcoming
Alabamians wanting to stock up on supplies for the next round of bad weather have a tax-free shopping weekend coming up.
The state is waiving its sales tax and more than 200 cities and counties are waiving their local sales taxes from Friday, Feb. 21 through Sunday, Feb. 23 for severe weather preparedness supplies. That includes flashlights, first-aid kits, battery-powered or hand-cranked radios, plastic sheeting, batteries, duct tape, plywood, fire extinguishers, window film and coolers.
The Alabama Retail Association says Alabama is one of three states with sales tax holidays for severe weather preparedness. The others are Louisiana and Virginia.
Sales Tax Holiday