Most Active Stories
- Avery Johnson: "I'm Your Guy"
- Selma Auto Workers Lawsuit, Strange Wants Lethal Injection Drug, Mobile Bay Earth Day
- Jail Terms Handed To Most Atlanta Teachers Convicted In Cheating Scandal
- Lawmakers Look to Repeal Common Core, PCB Alcohol Ban to Expire, A&M Confucius Institute
- APR Technical Difficulties
Politics & Government
Mon September 3, 2012
Severe Weather Possible in Ala on Labor Day
It might be a good Labor Day to be inside in parts of Alabama.
Forecasters say there's a chance of severe weather across the state on Monday as remnants of Hurricane Isaac move across the region.
The National Weather Service says central Alabama is at greatest risk, particularly in the afternoon. Damaging winds are the main threat.
Storms are predicted to continue drifting southeastward across the state through Tuesday.
The beach forecast is sunny for Labor Day, with only a 20 percent chance of rain and highs in the upper 80s and low 90s.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.