Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri November 7, 2003
Senate Democrats Filibuster Pryor's Nomination
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, DC – Democrats in the U-S Senate were able to block another attempt to bring Attorney General Bill Pryor's judicial nomination to a vote. Democrats filibustered his nomination again Thursday. Senate Republicans needed 60 votes to break it but got only 51. Senator Jeff Sessions continues to express his displeasure with the situation, saying certain Democrats are distorting Pryor's political and legal record. It was the second time Senate Republicans were unable to force a vote on Pryor's nomination.