Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu February 24, 2005
SEC to Form Academic Consortium
By Alabama Public Radio
Atlanta, GA – The Southeastern Conference has announced its intention to form an academic consortium among its 12 member schools. Officials say the consortium will eventually allow schools to feed off each other's strengths in the classroom or laboratory through resource sharing, similar to how the entire conference receives dividends if one of its members lands a Sugar Bowl bid. University of Georgia Provost Arnett Mace says the consortium will initially focus on four joint initiatives: library and periodical sharing, study abroad programs, academic leadership and minority recruitment.