Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Arts & Life
Sat August 25, 2012
SEC football fans head to the beach
GULF SHORES, Ala. (AP) — Thousands of football fans are converging on Gulf Shores, Ala., for a three-day beach festival. The event starts Friday and helps to kick off the college football season for Alabama, Auburn and LSU. Coaches from the three teams are scheduled to talk to fans on Saturday. More than 10,000 football fans are expected. A beach concert featuring the B-52s and other groups is planned for Saturday night.