Most Active Stories
Fri September 17, 2004
Safety Officials Warn About Carbon Monoxide
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Safety officials are warning of a new danger associated with the aftermath of Hurricane Ivan -- carbon monoxide poisoning. Three women died in an east Montgomery residence. Police believe they died from carbon monoxide poisoning from a portable generator. Mayor Bobby Bright says the women were using a generator inside during a power outage. The U-S Consumer Products Safety Commission suggests residents should not use portable generators indoors or in any enclosed area.