Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon August 23, 2004
Rudolph Attorneys Get More Time
By Alabama Public Radio
Briminghma, AL – Attorneys for Eric Robert Rudolph have a little more than three weeks to submit their defense plans. Despite objections from prosecutors, U-S District Judge Lynwood Smith gave Rudolph's lawyers more time Monday. They're trying to develop a defense against charges that Rudolph was responsible for a deadly women's clinic bombing in Birmingham in 1998. His lawyers were supposed to notify prosecutors earlier this month of their intended defense, but they asked for more time after the lead attorney and three associates left the case. Judge Smith gave the attorneys until September 15th to submit their plans.