Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Fri January 11, 2013
Roy Moore to be Sworn-In as Alabama Chief Justice
Roy Moore is to take the oath of office as Alabama's Supreme Court Chief Justice.
Investiture ceremony for Moore and for Supreme Court Justice-elect Tommy Bryan will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday in the Supreme Court courtroom in the Alabama Judicial Building.
Moore served as chief justice from 2001 to 2003, but was removed from office for refusing to obey a federal judge's order to remove a Ten Commandments monument from the judicial building.
In all, 11 appellate court justices including five Supreme Court justices will take office on Jan. 14. All but Bryan and Moore will be sworn in without investiture ceremonies since all are incumbents.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.