Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Politics & Government
Fri January 11, 2013
Roy Moore to be Sworn-In as Alabama Chief Justice
Roy Moore is to take the oath of office as Alabama's Supreme Court Chief Justice.
Investiture ceremony for Moore and for Supreme Court Justice-elect Tommy Bryan will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday in the Supreme Court courtroom in the Alabama Judicial Building.
Moore served as chief justice from 2001 to 2003, but was removed from office for refusing to obey a federal judge's order to remove a Ten Commandments monument from the judicial building.
In all, 11 appellate court justices including five Supreme Court justices will take office on Jan. 14. All but Bryan and Moore will be sworn in without investiture ceremonies since all are incumbents.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.