Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Tue November 26, 2013
Rosa Parks Museum To Offer Free Tours
The Rosa Parks museum at Troy University is offering free admission to celebrate the 58th anniversary of the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
Officials said Monday that the museum will offer free admission to the main Rosa Parks Museum and the Children's Wing on Dec. 2 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Montgomery Bus Boycott began with Rosa Parks' arrest Dec. 1, 1955. The museum is built on the site of the Empire Theatre, where Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a Montgomery city bus.
Groups of 10 or more are asked to make reservations.
Civil Rights Tourism