Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Tue November 26, 2013
Rosa Parks Museum To Offer Free Tours
The Rosa Parks museum at Troy University is offering free admission to celebrate the 58th anniversary of the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
Officials said Monday that the museum will offer free admission to the main Rosa Parks Museum and the Children's Wing on Dec. 2 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Montgomery Bus Boycott began with Rosa Parks' arrest Dec. 1, 1955. The museum is built on the site of the Empire Theatre, where Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a Montgomery city bus.
Groups of 10 or more are asked to make reservations.
Civil Rights Tourism