Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Tue June 24, 2014
Roby Upset By Central Ala. VA Records Problem
U.S. Rep. Martha Roby says the latest report on the Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System is consistent with what she's been hearing about phony medical practices and the Veterans Administration inspectors not being aggressive about complaints.
The Republican congresswoman from Montgomery was responding to a report from the U.S. Office of Special Counsel that a pulmonologist at the Central Alabama VA in Montgomery cut and pasted notes from previous patient visits to make them look like current readings. VA inspectors determined the records were not handled properly but said there was no evidence of anyone's health being endangered.
Roby called it "obviously egregious behavior," and she asked how anyone could think that falsifying more than 1,200 pulmonary records does not endanger patients.
VA Health Care-Alabama