Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Thu July 15, 2004
Riley Leaves Country on Business Trip
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Governor Bob Riley will travel to Europe Friday. He says he's looking to bring more jobs to Alabama. He'll be in England until Wednesday meeting with aerospace industry officials at an International Air Show. It's the world's third-largest air show, and more than 50 state workers will be there to attract companies who are willing to expand. Riley will then travel to Germany to talk to a few more companies. Riley says he hopes to close deals with one or two German manufacturers. He says the projects could bring more than 500 jobs to Alabama.