Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Alabama Wind Farm
Sun May 19, 2013
Residents Opposing Lookout Mountain Wind Farm
Some residents near a proposed wind farm on Lookout Mountain are getting organized to oppose the project.
The Gadsden Times (http://bit.ly/189DqYI ) reports that about 35 residents met Saturday to share their opinions about the project planned by Pioneer Green Energy of Austin, Texas.
Resident Brandon Balenger said the project shouldn't be so close to people who live at the base of the mountain. Chris Lipscomb said his house is about 1,900 feet from the project, and he expects it to cut his home value in half.
Republican state Sen. Phil Williams of Rainbow City proposed a wind farm regulation bill in the current legislative session, but it died. Lipscomb said the next step for opponents may be litigation.
Information from: The Gadsden Times, http://www.gadsdentimes.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Politics & Government
Science & Health