Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon November 10, 2003
Religous Groups Rally For Moore
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – A coalition of religious groups is rallying this week in a show of support for suspended Chief Justice Roy Moore in the days before his judicial ethics trial.
Moore goes on trial beginning Wednesday to face charges that he violated the state Canons of Judicial Ethics for refusing to obey a federal court order regarding his Ten Commandments monument. The Christian Coalition of Alabama, the National Clergy Council, the Christian Defense Coalition and others are touring the state, calling for an acquittal for Moore.
They rallied yesterday on the Capitol steps in Montgomery. Today, they'll be in Florence at Faith Tabernacle Church at 9-30 ... and in Huntsville at the Rock Family Worship Center at 2-30. On Tuesday, they'll visit Birmingham and Mobile.