Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri September 24, 2004
Red Cross Requests More Help
By Alabama Public Radio
Alabama – The American Red Cross is asking for more volunteers. The organization says it needs workers in Alabama, Florida, Mississippi and Georgia to help with hurricane relief efforts. The agency is looking for a variety of skills, including people who can perform clerical work, prepare and serve meals, and help storm victims identify their needs. Nurses and mental health workers also are in demand. The Red Cross says those volunteers must have a license or proper certification and must know about the local community's resources.