Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon September 6, 2004
Recruiter Signs Entire Family
By Alabama Public Radio
Locust Fork, AL – A Blount County family is making national news. The McIntyre family of Locust Fork hosted Navy recruiter Wendy Chunn. Chunn was there to recruit the McIntyre's 18-year-old daughter to enlist. Instead, the whole family signed up. The daughter, Brandi McIntyre, signed up first -- to be a culinary specialist. Then her 19-year-old brother Jamie enlisted in the nuclear engineering program. Their parents, Kerry and Angela McIntyre, later signed up for the Navy Reserves. Chunn says she's never heard of an entire family enlisting in the military.